The Government agreed to work on land reforms agenda and on 11th October 2012 a 10 points agreement signed between The Government of India and Jansatyagraha in Agra.
Follow up of JS 2012 Agreement by Government of India:
- Set up a 18 Members Task Force.
- Draft policy was circulated to all Chief Ministers, Revenue Ministers and Revenue Secretaries for comments.
- Draft Bill Prepared for National Homestead Act
- Directive for Land Tribunals and Legal Aid sent to all States.
- Advisories on PESA (Panchayat Extension in Scheduled Area) sent to the 17 state governments.
- Advisories on Forest Revenue Boundary Disputes sent to the 17 state governments
- Advisories on CPRs (Common Property Resources) sent to the17 state governments
- Advisories on FRA (Forest Right Act) sent to the 17 state governments.
- Advisories on PESA sent to the 17 state governments.
Follow up of JS 2012 Agreement by Ekta Parishad:
- Published the NLRP in a booklet in Hindi and English and circulated to all key partners of JS 2012
- Organized consultations with civil society groups and suggestions sent to Government Of India
- The Agreement and govt. Advisories on various issues published and distributed to civil society groups.
- There are constant discussions with groups and officials and concerned departments