• 25000 villagers walked from Gwalior to Delhi (340 km) from 2nd to 27th of Oct 2007
• The biggest non violent march ever after Independence.
The government agreed to the demands of the yatris (marchers).
Result of Janadesh
· Forest Rights Act 2006 came into force as a result on Sept 30th 2013
• 3.6 million claims submitted
- (3.4 million individual + 0.071 million Community claims)
• 1.4 million land titles distributed = 39.74%
- (1.3086 million individual + 0.021 million Community title)
· Land Reforms Committee was constituted
· to assess the status of land reforms in the country and to make recommendations to reconcile conflicts.
· A National Council for Land Reforms constituted under the Chairmanship of the Prime Minister…..
To lay down broad guidelines and policy recommendations based on the recommendations of the Committee.